Plesk DNSSEC Configuration
Plesk DNSSEC configuration has been simplified with this easy tutorial by our experts.
At Bobcares, we offer solutions for every query, big and small, as a part of our
Let’s take a look at how our
What is Plesk DNSSEC?
DNSSEC or Domain Name System Security Extensions is a feature that is responsible for authenticating responses to domain name lookups. Although it does not offer any privacy protections, it prevents attackers from poisoning or manipulating the responses.
In other words. The DNSSEC Manager enables DNSSEC so that we have an additional layer of security. This is done by attaching digital signatures to the DNS information. Let’s take a look at some of the features of DNSSEC:
- Sign and unsign domain zones as per DNSSEC specifications
- Configure the settings for key generation as well as rollover
- View and copy DS resource records in addition to DNSKEY resource record sets
- Receive notifications in relation to DNSSEC records and keys
How to configure DNSSEC for a domain in Plesk
According to our
- First, select the domain under Websites & Domains.
- Then, head to DNSSEC and select Sign the DNS Zone.
- Next, we will be prompted to generate keys if the zone has not been signed before. We can either use default keys or choose custom values.
However, if we have previously signed the DNS zone, we can opt to choose previous keys or generate new ones as seen below:
- After that, Plesk will display DS records. These records consist of hashes of the Keys Signing Keys used in the previous step.
- Finally, copy the DS record and add them to the parent domain zone.
We can easily unsign a domain zone as well.
- First, head to Websites & Domains and choose the domain.
- Then select DNSSEC and click Unsign.
- Next, delete the DS records from the parent zone.
Furthermore, we can retrieve DNSKEY resource records by heading to Websites & Domains > Our domain > DNSSEC and clicking View DNSKEY Records.
[Looking for a solution to another query?
At the end of the day, our skilled