Connection error in Plesk 360 for server behind Cloudflare
Wondering how to resolve connection error in Plesk 360 for server behind Cloudflare? We can help you.
At Bobcares, we offer solutions for every query, big and small, as a part of our
Let’s take a look at how our
How to resolve connection error in Plesk 360 for server behind Cloudflare?
Usually, Connection fails due to Plesk service on port 8443 does not support restoring original visitor IPs for Cloudflare since sw-cp-server is compile without http_realip_module.
The following error appears under Server state in Plesk 360:
The following message appears under Plesk 360 > Server > server_hostname:
The connection to the server server.example.com cannot establish correctly. The server is configured incorrectly or you have entered an incorrect address.
Today, let us see the steps followed by our Support techs to resolve it.
If it is possible, disable proxy on the Cloudflare side until the issue gets resolve.
- Firstly, create a domain for Plesk UI specifically (e.g. server.example.com)
- Then, under Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL, select The specify domain or subdomain that resolves to the server IP address but is not use for hosting and put server.example.com
- Next, enable restoring original visitor IP.
- Make sure that Plesk URL can access via
https://server.example.com, and it is secured with a valid certificate (Cloudflare should do that automatically)
- Finally, try to re-connect the server to Plesk 360 by using
https://server.example.com(without port 8443)
[Need a solution to another query?
Today, we saw steps followed by our