AH01071: got error ‘primary script unknown’ in Plesk – How to fix
Wondering how to fix AH01071: got error ‘primary script unknown’ in Plesk? We can help you.
Often our customers report to us that they found this error in the website error log after upgrading to Plesk Obsidian.
Here at Bobcares, we often handle requests from our customers to fix similar Plesk errors as a part of our Server Management Services. Today we will see how our
What causes AH01071: Got error ‘Primary script unknown’ in Plesk
Before going into the steps for fixing this error we will see what causes this error.
A typical error from the website error log looks like the one given below:
AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown' - Apache Error
Although all the services in the server run fine, we may see that the websites on php showing a “File not found” error.
Generally, this happens due to incorrect permissions on the domain’s folder.
Following are some of the symptoms that we notice with the error:
1. Unable to access File Manager for a certain domain or for all domains on a server:
Server Error 500 PleskUtilException Internal error: Unable to find the directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied
2. Not being able to execute actions on File Manager: such as ZIP extraction, Copy, Rename, Changing Permissions, etc.
3. Unable to connect via FTP to a domain main folder or a sub-folder with the following error:
4. Unable to connect FTP: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed.
4. Alternatively, it is not possible to add files to archive in Domains > example.com > File Manager > Add to Archive:
Unable to create the archive: filemng failed: filemng: /usr/bin/zip execution failed: zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied.
Next, we will see how to fix this error either from Plesk GUI or via SSH.
How to fix AH01071: got error ‘primary script unknown’ in Plesk
Now we will see the steps that our Support Engineers follow to fix this issue for our customers.
1. First, Log in to Plesk GUI
2. Then we have to install the Repair Kit extension
3. For this we can go to Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair > File System > Repair
1. First, we have to connect to the server via SSH
2. Then run the following command to repair file permissions:
# plesk repair fs -y example.com
To fix permissions for all the domains:
# plesk repair fs -y
[Still, stuck with the error?
In short, we saw how our